Thursday, July 28, 2016

Yana / Korea / ISS 2016

      I have never been to Korea before, so I was very excited. When I arrived here, I felt that this is a really nice country and everything is very cute here. And thought: it's really like I'm in another world, absolutely different to Russia. The weather also made a great contrast, because when I was leaving Yakutsk, it was raining, and when I arrived in Seoul, it was so sunny. I couldn't wait to see and learn what the city is Seoul, where is our University, where we will study, what the dorm will we live in, who will be my roommate and so on. I was so excited for being in another country, I just smiled sitting in the subway in way from Incheon airport to HUFS.
      Then after arriving at the dorm, we decided to go for a lunch. Firstly, we went to the Korean food cafe, because we were very curious about the local food. We tried kimchichigae as I remember. It was so unusual for me, and I found that I don't like spicy food. So I decided not to eat too much spicy Korean cuisine. But I liked kimbab! It's really tasty. Unfortunately, I haven't tried other dishes yet.
      What about ISS, I was in different kinds of summer schools abroad, but ISS differs from all others, staff of ISS is very friendly and funny. The way classes held is very convenient, I feel myself not in a tense situation. I really like being here in Korea.
      Also it's a good chance to make new friends from different countries. I met a lot of nice people, so I'm thankful to ISS for that.
      I'm very glad that I have a chance to improve my English and practicing it everyday. I really liked Korea, that sometimes I even think of moving here somewhen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment