Thursday, July 21, 2016

Nariya/InEnglish/ISS_2016

I completely agree with the author of this text, I understand it because I have such a problem. In our region of the Russian Federation have 2 official languages: Russian and Yakut. Yakut our native language. Other in areas people speak differently: only in the Yakut and Russian and mix-up. People who grew up in the Yakut environment do not speak Russian, and Russian speakers have difficulty in Yakut. But it not the point. English is spoken only foreigners. Everyday life no one speaks English, foreign students speak Russian. This creates great difficulties in learning English. For effective language learning need to be in an English speaking country or environment. From my experience, I can say that during his stay in the ISS my English skills have increased significantly. Before I studied with different teachers. When I was a native speaker was good, but my mind was thinking in Russian and translated into English. Here I have learned to just think in English. Still difficult. I hope to stay in the ISS will be productive.
In my opinion, in the era of globalization people need speak in English for to development of progressed. Also in the future we have to learn Chinese. Napoleon said of China: "Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world ".
In the text of Julia Alvarez I liked the phrase: "Mami and Papi used to speak it when they had a secret they wanted to keep from us children".   Sometimes i with my brother talk in English to our little sister not understand us.

No comments:

Post a Comment