Thursday, July 28, 2016

Yana / Indian girl / ISS 2016

      The school days of an Indian Girl
I think Zitkala-Ša has a very strong personality and makes a reader respect her. Not everyone in her age would dare to rebellion in such a strict conditions of upbringing.
      Of course my learning of English is absolutely different from hers. Because her learning happened by accident and because of necessary of knowing English  in such conditions, but she had never given up and even became a writer, it's very commendable. But nowadays is a different time, and learning of English is usually done only by wish of a person.
      Despite that Zitkala-Ša was strong, throughout the text I felt sorry for her, she was a little defenseless girl and robbed of her mom. I could feel her feelings from her narration, it's a very sad story. I think even I would feel very bad and helpless now without my mother. I mean that I'm exactly elder of that age that Zitkala had in this text.
      I really don't like stories where someone suffers, it makes me feel very sad. I start to think how I could help them.
      This story touched me and made me appreciate my life even more. Thanks to God that I wasn't born at this time as in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment