Monday, July 25, 2016

Phoebe / Korean Language Experience / ISS 2016


           We need to expand our knowledge in Learning other Language for communication. To my country there  using English in teaching, some students is mandatory to learn more than two languages but to myself its never comes to my mind to study. I'm amazed for those people who know different Languages. Each Student have a difficulties in Studying. Students experience different situation in handling barriers in life. When I decided to learn Korean Language I have experience that I can't forget to my entire life.
           Hankuk University of Foreign Studies , Seoul campus is my choice after searching in internet. This school don't have gate, no fence of the whole campus, no security to check your outfit, machine to check ID's if your official enrolled and uniforms to ware. Its cool and this University is opposed to my University in the Philippines. I'm excited that time, waiting for the class start. Remembering the day its March 7, first day of class and I'm late. The Professor stop talking because of my interruption. He continue giving introduction and all our faces are shock. My forehead is puckish and my mouth is open. I can't understand, I expect our Professor to teach us using English Language to begin our Korean language because we are in the lowest level of Level 1, my favorite expression that time is "Oh my G, i'm Dead". My classmates are from Brazil, Mexico, Taiwan, Norway, Portugal, China, Guam and France. We have different beliefs and cultures. In the beginning we're enjoying the learning session but while the days goes by, we have a lot of "WHY" questions to our professor. While studying problem comes to my life about my boyfriend, Homesick and to my little business. Its turn me out to focus in studying. I feel so stupid when my professor ask me an example, I can't give answer. Sometimes in school, I'm a walking zombie like my eyes is reddish, big eye bags, my long hair is messy, i lose weight and my outfit is like rags. Its comes that I didn't attend the class because I don't know whats going on to the lesson. I didn't study at home and pestering my self. And yes! because of that I failed. 
            Nowadays it makes me realize the mistakes that I did. I waste money and give up my first opportunity. My goal to stay in Korea is to learn their Language but its turn nothing. I can't communicate in simple conversation but I understand some words. This experience is not only in studying but I learn to love my self. Maybe its not to late to study again and no matter challenges comes to our life be strong, continue dreaming. Don't depend to others, do it by your own. Learning Second Language in an accomplishment. 

Get a signature like this: Click here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phoebe,

    There is lots of strong emotion in this piece of writing, and the reader can feel the stress from your challenges in school last semester. Most of us have been in similar situations, and things usually turn out better if you just keep doing what is supposed to be done.

    And while I usually don’t like to focus on grammar too much, there are times where grammar or wording problems can interfere with meaning. In this piece of writing, I think more use of past tense instead of present would help the story flow better. This is about something that happened in the past, and it’s awkward to say “It is” about something when it should read “it was.”

    Your last paragraph, which is where you start to go into the shift, or the learning that came from your struggles, is where things start to get interesting. I’d like to know more about what you learned and how you changed. Please tell us more.

    Keep working on explaining more about what happened as a result of this temporary failure. We learn more from failure than from success.

    Thanks!

    JBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to your story. I had been a mess until a year ago. I still have a lot of problems but much better. I think everyone has that phase after which you can grow and learn to cherish life more.It's really comforting to know that someone else went through that just like me.But I really want to know more about how the change happened. After you failed Korean at first, what went through your mind to make you decide to change? I think it would be a more perfect piece of writing if you can put that in.
    Cathy Zhang

    ReplyDelete