Thursday, July 28, 2016

Yana / essay / my experience / ISS 2016

      When I worked in the volunteer center "Pole of Kindness" in my hometown, we went to the different kinds of shelters. But the one time was very special for me. May be because it was after New Year when everybody believes in miracles.
      We went to the orphanage "Romashka". The building of this orphanage was very old and dilapidated. It was very cold inside.
      We were only 5 people that day from our volunteer center, because it was New Year's holidays and that day was extremely cold. To be honest, I didn't want to go out from home that day too. But I felt that I have to, because I wanted to make orpgans' Christmas holidays a bit brighter.
      All children wrote letters to Santa Claus, but they didn't get that gifts which they really wanted, so we decided to gather money and buy them Christmas gifts by their wishes.
      Of coursr we weren't able to fulfill all desires of children in orphanage, because very many children wanted to find his/her parents.
      It was the experience that changed my view to life. Every child is pure and it's not his/her fault that he/she got such life. They were so happy. They smiled so widely, reveived their gifts, thatcmoment was incredible you could see so much happiness in their eyes, and for us it was the main reward to see them happy. Every child wants a miracle for the New Year, they ran up and hugged us, saying: "Thank you! Thanks!". I was about to cry, seeing such nice kids and thought: "Why did people leave such a wonderful kids? How could they abandon them here?" Anyway, I wishedto every child to have parents. I'd like them to know what's that to feel parents' love. It's really important in the child's upbringing.
      I thought that every person that has parents is a very lucky person and I was blessed by God and he gave me parents. And only for that reason I suddenly felt that I'm the richest and happiest person.
      Usually we don't notice our main source of wealth and happiness because we think it's normal, but actually that "simple" things are the reason to be happy everyday and we have to appreciate that things.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a very important experience for you. I'd love to know more about it. Maybe you could tell readers more details about the Pole of Kindness, as in what it was. Also, more details about one or some of the children would be nice. A name, a description, something like that would help. Finally, you could tell us more about how the experience changed you and how it affected the way you think or act now. You did tell us how it made you grateful for your family, and that you felt rich and happy. But more specifics always make it more interesting.
    Thanks for sharing about it.
    JBH

    ReplyDelete