Monday, July 18, 2016

First impression of ISS-dae kyu/journaling/summer class

Before register the ISS, I had no idea. I just need credits of my English major to graduate. And I thought ISS would be the same as other lectures I took before. But after the first lecture, my think has changed. There are few differences in ISS compare to other lectures. Most of the lectures I took before were one-way interact. So I just wrote down professor's speaking and didn't have to speak during the lecture. But ISS is different. There is not one-side interact but two-way interact between professor and student. It was a shock to me. And I was amazed at many foreign students from various countries come to HUFS. Lastly, I am very pleased to take a lecture at the best building in this university. I commute by subway. And this building is the closest building to subway station in the university. Therefore I am very happy. On the other hand other buildings are too old and too far from the subway station. I think ISS is the best opportunity to learn and improve English abilities. I hope everyone improve own English abilities through ISS in this summer and have a good time in Korea.

1 comment:

  1. 1)Dae kyu wrote about why he joined ISS and how he gradually fell in love with it as he finds out more about it.
    2)I really like the part where he said he felt lucky to have a lecture in the best building on campus because it's close to the subway. i cracked up on that one. It's so real and funny. I feel it's the exact kind of sentence that's personal but everyone can relate to it.
    3)I think maybe it would be better to divide it into three paragraphs so it could be more clear.
    Cathy Zhang

    ReplyDelete