Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Cathy Zhang/journal/ISS academic English7,18

                                      Thoughts on my first few days in Korea

                                                Cathy Zhang

  After i arrived at the incheon airport the first emotion that felt was disappointment. Not in Seoul but in myself. It's not my first time in Seoul. I came to this city two years ago and stayed for a whole year as an exchange student. So i was expecting myself to be excited or at least a bit emotional when i come back to Seoul. But there was nothing in my empty mind until disappointment. I finally decided to forgive myself and thought although it's sad but maybe i'm just getting old or simply tired. And it is true that there is nothing new to me since the city didn't change much in a year. However in that sense the time i spent here was too short to feel like coming home.   

   But thankfully the emptyness completely disappeared as of my second day. I started to meet people fro, countries from which i didn't know anyone. I started going to places i've never been and trying new things like putting mud from the ground onto my face. But what amazes me the most is how I'm finding out new things about myself through all that.

  The purpose of traveling is usually considered to be seeing the world. But i start to think that maybe the point of traveling is to see ourselves more clearly and all the amazement comes from how we are amazed by the views. Also maybe the day we were born, what kind of person we will become is already set and all the traveling is part of the journey in which we struggle to understand that person. I'm looking for

1 comment:

  1. 1)Cathy wrote that she has found new interest things in korea after field trip. And she achived enlightment.
    2)I really like the part where the point of traveling is to see ourselves more clearly and all the amazement comes from how we are amazed by the views. I feel she is considerate and better person than me.
    3)I can't find insufficient part.
    Daekyu

    ReplyDelete