Thursday, July 21, 2016

Daekyu/ Indian girl/ ISS

Journal entry : indian girl

The journal written by Zitkala-sa impressed on me. It was sad story that who suffer in western development period. In journal, a few young native americans are forced to change their culture, language and other things. They are shocked at first. And they start resistance. But finally they adapt themselves.

After read and discuss in class, this story reminded me about my youth periods. My life is opposite of what their life. When I was a student before enter the university, I had not have freedom much. After school I had have to take private education until everyday night. And there are a few physical punishments. Maybe these depend on the case by case. But unfortunately my school teachers liked that. And I thought physical punishments are natural. I was not good student. So when I wasn't punished, I feel very happy… As a result, I felt unnatural when I didn't assignment or was absent from university. Professors didn't scold me. They just cut my grades. But I was a freshman and didn't care about my future. So I messed up my grades. And I'm suffering from retaking courses before I took.

2 comments: