Monday, July 25, 2016

Marcelo / English learning / ISS


I have been studying English a long time ago. From the very beginning, I did not like to study it. At time it was pointless. In Brazil people do not speak English, so as in many others countries. In Korea, even it is not official language we can find many people who speak English at least the basics sentences. I do not regard me as a good student so if I was not good at I would not study it. Now I just realized that I commited a huge mistake. Not studied a second language properly costed me too much. I am feeling old to learn a language. It takes much time to get something I could get if I were younger. I strongly recommend for young people to study hard while they are young. If I could travel on time I would comeback to my 15 years old and make everything again. Everything. I mean meeting new people, tie good friendship, take care of family, laugh more, give more, love more and so on. 


Even though I am old I won't give up. I am already in Korea. I am already out of my confort zone. So no time to complain just focus on English improvment. I am really glad I am speaking English everyday. If I were in Brazil, it would be just two or three hours a week. On the other hand, I am a little bit sad in not speak my mother language. However I am building a better world for me, my family and my friends. For everybody. Actually, we from ISS are building this better world. Thanks Korea. Thanks HUFS. Thanks Professors and students. 

1 comment:

  1. Marcelo,

    You make it sound like you are an old man, and it’s too late for you to learn anything more. I hope you’re not giving up yet. I am still learning a lot of things and won’t be finished until I am finished with life.

    Your focus is on English, but what happened that made the shift, the change so that you realized you made a huge mistake in not working harder to learn English? Was there some key incident or incidents that gave you this realization? Did it just come to you out of the blue? I’d like to know more about why you have this new awareness.

    More specifics would help a lot too. Add some details from your life to help us see clearly that you are frustrated because you didn’t learn English better when you were younger.

    I think it would be great if you could tell us a little story, an anecdote, of an experience connected with your theme, from your school days or a real life episode where your lack of English was frustrating or where you realized how fun it might be to learn English better.

    Thanks!

    JBH

    ReplyDelete