Monday, August 1, 2016

Yana / in the land of the free / ISS 2016

      Reading "In the Land of the Free" I thought how easy it's to lose happiness in one moment, if you just give up.
      But I can't blame neithe missioners nor parents. Because not to obey the laws os wrong. In my opinion, Lae Choo is not guilty that she couldn't protect her son. Firstly, she tried to resist. But they insisted on that everything will be O.K., they will meet with son in a few days and even her husband said to let their son. But they didn't know the outcome of this situation, they were just very trustful people and they didn't want to get any problems with the missionaries. Then also they had a language barrier to explain their feelings properly and that prevented them to protect their Little One.
      If I were in their situation I'd may be do the same as them, but I don't know yet the motherhood so I can't be sure of that. Just I'm very trustful too and I always believe in the positive outcome of everything. It has a positive side, but can have a negative side too in example of "In the Land of the Free".
      I was full of feeling of sorry for Lae Choo and Hom Hing and wanted to cheer them up, especially Lae Choo.
      They found their son only in the next year with their efforts. This situation happened to this family that supposed to would never happen.
      But the saddest in this story is that after such a sufferings she finally found her son, but he probably forgot his mom, because children usually fastly forget everything in his age.
      I have some feeling of incompleteness of the story. The author left the last part on the imagination of the reader. But I believe that Lae Choo took her son with herself, because I believe in the happy end.

No comments:

Post a Comment